16 August 2009

Club Street


090816_clubst, originally uploaded by tiastudio.

I started a location drawing project in April 2007 on Club Street after buying two beautiful sketchbooks. All my sketches on Club Street are here.

I decided to go back to Club Street and sketched today. So much have changed. Most of the shops were closed on Sunday. The cafe at 60 Club Street was also closed but now it had a different name probably a different owner. Many shops were replaced with new occupants.

I use Lamy foundation pens to draw and sometimes, in watercolors. This is the only colour piece I did in the same sketchbook filled with black and white sketches. Other colour pieces are done on loose watercolour papers and you can find them on my flickr site.

3 comments:

  1. nice! :) I like the sketches you do of Singapore's shophouses. Do you sit in your car or at a cafe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a hot Sunday afternoon. I sat at the shady corridor opposite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi there, nice to see such an active group in sg. congrats for such good works
    how i miss the lovely location such as this, wish i was back there with you guys...
    keep it up

    ReplyDelete