20 February 2010

SAM Open House during CNY


Since I'm back, I haven't visit any local musuem at all. So taking the opportunity of free entry on the open house during Chinese New Year, I packed my stuff and headed out to Singapore Art Museum. It was an easy ride because everyone else has gone visitation. The streets were quiet and not congested like usual. At the lobby, we were greeted warmly and then we heard loud clangings and drums - there was a lion dance performance in conjunction with a Calligraphy demonstration event thingy. That's new! Then we went around to catch the exhibits. You may read more by visiting SAM website. The show I enjoyed most was Wu Guan Zhong's permanent collection. His journey to become an artist was very inspirational too. We settled down to take a break after 2 hours wandering in the museum. I found a spot to practice sketching a building and I chose to draw this exterior view. :D