31 May 2010

day two of wood firing

100529_dragonkiln

Wood firing at the dragon kiln is a 2-day 1-night event. I stayed overnight to help out with the wood firing at the stoke holes at two sides of the dragon kiln. Helpers came at 2am and 4am so I was not required to feed the dragon but helped with minor duty instead. I helped with preparing clay slip to seal off the stoke holes and recording the temperature readings etc. I also got to take a nap in the comfortable air-cond office while others had to sleep in the cars or on the benches in the open air.

At around 6am on day two of wood firing, we took the buggy out for a spin on the jungle trail admiring the sun rays penetrating through the thick foliage in the woods. When we returned from the jungle adventure, I did another watercolour piece in the early morning and this time, on my favourite tree house and the banyan tree.

The first piece of watercolour was done on day one of wood firing, you can see it here. Tell me which one you like better.

No comments:

Post a Comment