27 July 2010

Bell Street Pier 66, Seattle

100725_BellStreetPier

Last Sunday sketching with USK-Seattle group here in Seattle was exciting. We met at the iconic Bell Street Pier 66 and the view at this overhead pedestrian bridge was breathtaking. The view was nice but it was hot standing on the bridge to sketch so I chose a shady spot next to the Anthony's restaurant and did this piece.

I omitted the people in this sketch but the place was crowded with the holiday makers waiting to board the cruise ship 'Norwegian Pearl' docked at Pier 66 heading to Alaska on a bright Sunday morning. It is gone by now so the view is quite rare for Seattle sketchers more so for me, a Singaporean sketcher. You can see the sketch of the cruise ship here.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this Tia! I am actually waiting quite eagerly to see your sketches of Portland.

    Great sketch as usual!! Love your watercolor and splatter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so fun and such a nice sketch. enjoy yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. May I know the dimensions of this piece? I think you may have mentioned it earlier. I often omitted people as I needed to get the proportions and outlines right first. By then, they would have disappeared.

    ReplyDelete