29 September 2010

End of the road for...

I was at Mohd Sultan Road with a friend last week when this property agent handed me a flyer on a soon-to-be-launched apartment project. Where is the location, I asked. He pointed to the row of shophouses in front. What? End of the road for yet some old buildings? Sad day indeed. Whether these buildings have any heritage or historical significance they are old charming pieces of art to me. Some developer is gonna re-develop the 3 or 4 stacks of terrace shophouses at the junction of River Valley/Mohd Sultan Road into a 7-storey mixed development of apartments and commercial shophouses. This is where Yong Bak Kut Teh and some other eateries are now.
Now you see em and soon you won't. So I went back there again last Sunday to capture the buildings in my sketch journal before they are history. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment