25 October 2010

More Ubin Scenes





Here's my take of the stilt house over the water at Pulau Ubin last Saturday. I sat on the opposite side of the house from the rest of the group. While Don heard the lapping of the waves on his side, I was serenaded by a group of old locals sitting a bit behind me & 'solving the problems of the world' (in Mandarin) over their morning coffee. Nice.

The pier was an eyeful of weathered boards in disarray, fishing gear, nets and other fishing flotsam & jetsam - and a great subject to draw.

8 comments:

  1. Very good line work and perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these!!
    Best part was watching this unfold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh there is one thing... I may have thought you would sketch these sitting down but you were standing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sat for the stilt house sketch, Don - but, yes, I stood for the pier sketch. It gave me a better angle for drawing the pier's perspective. Sometimes, my legs do get tired, tho.
    Thanks for the kind comments, everyone - and yes, thanks to Don for organizing this sketch trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice lines and style ! like the way you wrote those lines on the sketch :) it gives some antique feel to the sketch :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm still marvelling at your artwork and staggered at the fact that you stood there in the heat and drew that!

    ReplyDelete