31 October 2010

October Sketchwalk at Chinatown

Sketching at Chinatown's Food Market
Sketching at Maxwell Food Center
Sketching along Murray Street besides MyArtSpace Tanjong Pagar
This time round I was the lost sheep, straying from the group sketching within the food market when I arrived late for the sketchwalk. But I wasn't the only lost sheep. When I received a call from Madhu, I knew almost immediately that he was lost too. When I finally got down to call him, he has already settled in McDonald but that was already 10am. Then I got a message from Shyam that he was sketching nearby Red Dot Museum so I realized that he was not with the usual group too. Andrew and James were at Murray Street so they were too, "lost". I got a call from James that there is an exhibition in MyArtSpace and wanted me to see it. So at 11am I got to the gallery to see the art show by Gail Patin who has sketched the streets of Singapore like us. But his sketches are even larger and gallery worthy... :D so to speak. Anyway we met up and started to head towards Maxwell Market after making some quick sketches and a video shoot. I took it easy in this sketchwalk, not paying too much attention on sketching but simply catching up with sketchers. Had fun again!! I hope the rest too.

2 comments:

  1. Murray Street is away from the heart of Chinatown but glad you 'lost souls' found each other. The sketches were great too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tia!! You are always so encouraging!!

    ReplyDelete