22 October 2010

sketching trip to Kluang, Malaysia

101019_Kluang1

First location at Kluang, Johore, Malaysia. I sat at this long empty roadside carpark under the shade near to the railway track on the right. I could see children playing inside the school compound at the end of the road called Jalan Ismail. Not too long, the drivers would ignore me and parked their vehicles right in front of me and blocked my view. They were there to take their lunch at the makeshift food stall behind me. I had to move several times. Suddenly there were more and more cars that's when I realised the parents were picking up their children from the school. I managed to complete the sketch with all these activities around me before joining Don and Paul at the coffee shop near by to splash some colours for the final touch.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, woman, I love your sketches very much! Great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello friend, I like your work too. Must inform me of your next show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. From my observation, this is not exactly an easy piece to capture. Still, it has a feel of the road, the street and the contrast between the man-made structures and the trees on the right. I like it.

    ReplyDelete