16 November 2010

My First Post - Local Religious Buildings

Hi folks!

I'm Edric and this is my very first post on this blog, so I hope it goes through successfully! :)

I have been following many of the local Urban Sketchers in a few sketch walks, and enjoying every moment of it all. And having drawn together as a group gave me confidence to go out on my own and do my own solo sketch walks. It's become a private meditation of sorts, and very very therapeutic!

I'm always fascinated by local religious structures like temples, churches and mosques etc. So here are some of my recent sketches of these buildings that I would like to share here with everyone.

Tang Gah Beo Temple
Tang Gah Beo Temple
Kampong Bahru Road
Ink and Watercolour
01 Nov 2010

Church of St. Teresa
Church of St. Teresa
Kampong Bahru Road
Ink and Aquarelle Pencils
01 Nov 2010

Masjid Jamae (Chulia)
Masjid Jamae (Chulia)
South Bridge Road
Ink and Watercolour
09 Nov 2010

If you like these, do check out my other sketches at:

Cheers!
Edric Hsu

6 comments:

  1. Welcome Edric... first post??
    Oh I am only seeing your posts on FB... that's why.

    These recent works are great! They showed tremendous improvements! But I do love to see your "Everything Matters" posts too!

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Paul, Tia and Don! You guys (and Miel) are the ones who'd inspired me to get my act together and actively DO these drawings in the first place. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whee! Please also post your earlier café and Tiong Bahru ones too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha sure Shyue Chou, I'll do that when I can figure out how to tie them into a proper blog entry! :P

    ReplyDelete