02 November 2010

Temple Street




I had wandered around with Fouridine seeking for a subject before she settled and found a spot. I had continued onto Temple Street where I found Madhu drawing. I walked a little further before trying for a large panorama on a larger canvas, a larger watercolour pad. Sitting at street level, the view was obstructed and it became worse when a white, gleaming BMW pulled up and parked right in front of my face. For the first piece, it was Uni pigment ink and Van Gogh watercolours. 310mm x 230mm, Bockingford 300gsm watercolour paper. Daler-Rowney waterbrush. Chung Hwa 2B pencil.

On hindsight, I had a long drawing pad which would fit the composition of that piece. Using the Bockingford pad was unnecessary in this instance.

For the second piece, I had decided on a smaller watercolour pad, dodging indoors to a café for an iced cookies and cream blended coffee and the cool air of the air-conditioner! The second piece of the café had taken approximately an hour. Uni pigment ink and Van Gogh watercolours. 260mm x 180mm, Bockingford 300gsm watercolour paper. Daler-Rowney waterbrush. Chung Hwa 2B pencil.

4 comments:

  1. unmistakably the Shyue Chou style....clean and fine linework. Ya, thought a long pad would fit your composition of the 1st piece better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the second piece!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys.

    I would be using that long pad which I had bought a few months back for this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Shyue Chou,

    Miss our long talks and your art pieces, esp. the ones made out of dots (for lack of a better word to describe it).

    Colin Loh
    colinloh@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete