22 January 2011

Life has been busy but fulfilling....

When the countdown ended with a big bang, it dawned on me that 2010 was over, while a new year has arrived. Just recently, I heard CNY music playing over our heads when we were shopping for groceries, and we exclaimed, "So soon?" I wasn't even aware that this year is the year of the Rabbit. For the last 2 weeks, I have been hearing CNY music everywhere... I used to hate those CNY songs, but somehow this year I love them.....

2010 has been a blast!! What I love about it was to get to know more and more people who love Urban Sketching! Since we had the gallery show in June last year, Urban Sketchers Singapore has grown so much. I remembered in the beginning of the year, it was just a small interest group, but now it has grown to a considerable size with about 30 people attending the monthly end-of-month sketchwalk event. Up to now we have already visited 14 locations in our sketchwalks, and not forgetting those adhoc last minute spur of the moment sessions. We have the participants to blame - their passion and hunger for more with their love for the community has pushed them to do more, sketch more and eat more. Now I am always looking forward to the monthly sketchwalk to meet up with these like minded people to sketch and chat!

It was really a fulfilling year and I am hoping to do more this year!  


2 comments:

  1. It really looks like me. I also like your attempt at using different kinds of pens to sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. also want to say thank you for this post. love the part on "..to do more, sketch more and eat more"

    yeah, eat more so we can walk more and sketch more, haha.

    ReplyDelete