08 May 2011

Result of Sketchwalk at Redhill

110430_redhill02 IMG_4907

110430_redhill01

110430_redhill03

We went to Redhill, the heartland for the April sketchwalk. We had new comers and more lady sketchers this round. I did 3 sketches of different sizes for this morning sketchwalk at Redhill. I arrived very late at around 10.15am due to the heavy rain in the morning. After my breakfast at this coffee shop, I started with the top piece in smaller size to warm up. Elderly folks were everywhere! It reminded me of my childhood at Queenstown. 21 x 15cm, ink & watercolours.

The second piece on the upgraded old flats including block 21 was done in about 30 to 45 mins just in time to rush back to the food center to meet other sketchers at 12.30pm. These are upgraded older flats in Redhill. The architectural style of these flats in the old days was primarily of art-deco features and proportions similar to those found in Tiong Bahru charaterised by its curved balconies and window projections. The semi-curved parapet wall facade could be added later in my view and I think the facade is redundant and very artificial. 40 x 20 cm. Ink & watercolours.

Third piece was done after the session ended at the hawker center. People moved very fast from the tables. A stall was closed on a busy Saturday which was unusual. 26 x 13 cm. Ink on Muji sketchbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment