31 December 2011

bye bye 2011, hello 2012!

111231_scapepark
To celebrate the last day of the year, I decided to do a colourful piece for the otherwise dull Orchard Road Mall in my personal opinion. You can see the colourful piece on Ion Orchard on my blog. This morning we had the last sketchwalk of the year in 2011 and we met so many new and young faces. There was Charles, a 9-year-old boy who joined us for the very first time.

Orchard Road mall is crowded with people but the outdoor walkway lacks interesting icons, well designed kiosks, artistic signages, festive sculptures which are badly designed and installed. The scales are very flat and dull.

This corner at Scape off the main Orchard belt is dead and quiet. The blue umbrellas and the big shades cast by the trees attracted me to sketch the otherwise dry and empty area.

Spread the good vibes of sketching people! Looking forward to a great 2012 ahead!

4 comments:

  1. Auntie Tia, I'm 9 years old not 7 as you said in your post. I don't think I look seven- in terms of height and look...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, when is the next sketch walk? Because I really want to join :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehe, Charles, aunite TIA getting old. Yes, should be 9 as you are going to be in P4.

    ReplyDelete
  4. E, We always have a sketchwalk on the last Saturday of the Month. Details should be released a few days before the Saturday.

    ReplyDelete