28 August 2013
August Night Sketchwalk
Epigram Books is now working on the next title of the "Our Neighbourhoods" series, "We ♥ Katong"!
This is the second session, and it'll be at night to capture the "dark side" of Joo Chiat and Katong.
The Betel Box
200 Joo Chiat Road
We will meet in the common area UPSTAIRS. Ring the doorbell to alert the receptionist and they will open the GREEN DOOR for you. Then go up!
The Betel Box
We will meet in the common area again for show-and-tell / debrief. There is a pool table on which we can display our sketches.
Aditi from Epigram Books has prepared a map (25 copies) and a listing of locations of note (25 copies). Do print your own or download them to your portable device if you prefer.
1: Locations list: http://tinyurl.com/katongnightwalk
2: Map of Katong: http://tinyurl.com/katongmap
*being such a huge area, the map is a little hard to read
3: Katong DIGITAL MAP: http://goo.gl/maps/m9Gq2
4: URA Heritage Trail: http://www.singaporecitygallery.sg/images/wmKatong-Book.pdf
While the focus will be on the highlighted places, you are free to sketch whatever you want. Do chat to residents, business operators and people you meet to get a better feel of the location and find out what they find important and beautiful in the area.
We want to streamline the process of finding and viewing sketches, so please note the following:
1. Post sketches on the wall of this event, here.
2. You are still free to post your sketches anywhere else.
- use the #usksg and #welovekatong hashtags
1. Scan resolution at 200 dpi minimum, best at 300 dpi.
- if work is A3-size or bigger, 200 dpi is enough
- use the TIFF (.tif/.tiff) file format
- 8-bit compression (LZW or ZIP) if needed
2. Email to aditi[at]epigrambooks[dot]sg
- indicate the location and/or subject
- describe medium and size
- include name to credit
3. Use WeTransfer, Hightail, Dropbox, Copy, Bitcasa or whatever cloud storage and file sharing service if files are too big to email.