This main store, which many of us grew up with, will move to a smaller space (in the same building) this November. It will still be Kino. But it won't be the same, if you know what I mean. If that does not entice you, maybe this will: AAAAAIIIIR- CON!! So if you want to sketch the inside of Kinokuniya, you are invited to join us at:
START TIME: 10AM, 9 AUG 2014 (National day)
PLACE: Kinokuniya at Ngee Ann City level 3, Crossroads (middle of the store)
We will hand out tags that all sketchers have to wear so that we can be identified by customers and the staff. We will have a quick briefing and then spread throughout the store to draw. Do come a little earlier so that we won't have to wait for everyone and cause a jam in the store.
END TIME: 1PM
At 1PM sharp we will meet outdoors at the walkway (Street level) between Takashimaya and Wisma Atria. You should start leaving the store at 12:50PM. Look around for sketchers who are exiting and follow them down. There, we will have our "show and tell". And then have lunch. If you are lost, call 91070735.
THINGS TO TAKE NOTE OF:
1. We are sketching on National Day and the store is expecting many customers, so please be extra mindful not to block any walkways or any customers who are browsing books. Bookstore customers can be very particular about such things, so let's avoid any complaints. Let's allow the store to operate smoothly while we are there.
2. You will need to stand or lean against things to draw. No sitting on floors or steps allowed.
3. Bring art materials that will allow you to draw without mess. No big easel & stool set-up as it will take up too much space and obstruct traffic. Also, As books are made of paper, we want to avoid any ink or paint splatters on them.
4. You will be given a tag to wear. Please wear it prominently. It is more for the customers to see that you are on official business and not just a random street sketcher.
5. Do not clump together in a group when in the store. It's a big store, so spread out so that we do not block any walking spaces in the store. Main rule is to keep the customers at the store happy:) With that, it should be an enjoyable sketchwalk for all.
6. Avoid crowding outside of the store. The Ngee Ann City security guards will probably chase you away. So when drawing outside the store, do it discreetly. Don't draw attention to yourselves.