20 December 2014

My Separate Malacca Trip

141207_hotel
My husband and I went to Malacca for a short weekend company getaway trip a week earlier than my sketcher friends. Malacca was super crowded and the traffic jam was so bad. There was no way for me to sketch the famous landmark - The Red House with the group tour but I still managed to sketch when the tour members went shopping and I stayed in the hotel room or a cafe to relax and sketch.

This view was from our hotel room at Hatten Hotel just opposite the Dataran Pahlawan Melaka Megamall looking at Malacca skyline. The famous Jonkor Street is in the middle with the yellow end wall. Overall, the impression of this trip was not up to my expectation but our spirit was always high.

We were lucky to have a room with a view at Hatten Hotel on the 16th storey. The room was very big with 2 TVs. It was love at first sight but later on, we had to call for bath towers and the curtains did not work that I had to use the paper clips I brought for sketches to hold the curtains together. I noticed some rooms like those opposite our corridor faced the 5-metre narrow internal courtyard overlooking each other's room.

You can see my other Malacca sketches on my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment