27 December 2014

Orchard Rd on a Gloomy Day

Here are two sketches I drew today at the last sketchwalk.

They are drawn on the Stillman & Birn Delta sketchbook that I bought 2 years ago. Yeah, I'm only using it now. Damn, I discovered just behind the cover, there are spots of mould. -_-. The pages inside are alright though, for the time being. Singapore's wet weather is brutal to paper.


Orchard Road is not on my list of favourite places in Singapore. While it's touted as a shopping street, personally, I find it to be quite soul-less. Maybe it's just me. I'm not a shopping person.

Shopping centres line the streets and that pretty much sums up the shopping district of Singapore.

It was a gloomy overcast day at Orchard Road today. There weren't many people on the streets, and they are mostly tourists. It could be that many locals have taken the day off on Friday to extend their Christmas holiday (Thursday) into a long weekend.

The sketch above's drawn with Noodler's Bulletproof Ink and a Sennelier 12-pan watercolour set. I'm still trying to get the hang of it. So far, I've to say that it's comparable to Winsor Newton, Blockx or Schmincke sets.

The colours I used were Lemon Yellow, Alizarin Crimson, Phthalo Blue, Forest Green and Warm Sepia.


For this piece, I used almost the same colours here except I swapped out the Alizarin Crimson for French Vermilion.

Orchard Rd Sketchwalk Dec 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment