15 August 2010

Mee Pok @ Tiong Bahru

Tiong Bahru Mee PokI was introduced to this mee pok stall @ Tiong Bahru while I was preparing for the gallery show a couple of months ago, but didn't have the opportunity to try it until just recently when I visited Tiong Bahru again. The stall is well hidden from the main streets, tucked away along Moh Guan Terrace.

Everyone is happy with the mee pok except the person making the mee pok. Throughout my visit, I have not seen the husband and wife team smiled at all. They have been slogging their life away to make mee pok for a living. We love the mee pok but they may not love their life. I couldn't imagine myself making mee pok my whole life :P too.


Materials: Chinagraph marker (Drawn while waiting for my mee pok to arrive).

2 comments:

  1. Maybe they had recently quarreled? Maybe the mee pok is what keeps them together in tough times. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, We (TIA, Miel and Carol) were on 17July before the sketchwalk and boy, not a single smile..but the mee pok was delicious! Coffee was good too. Let's go again.

    ReplyDelete