16 August 2010

Selegie Road after JYOF

100813_Selegie

JYOF means Journey of Youth Olympic Flame. My 15-year old son was one of the torch bearers for the first Youth Olympic Games on the sixth and final day of the journey of the flame last Friday. I went downtown in the early evening at Selegie Road, one of the JYOF locations trying to witness his run but he was to start running at about 100m away from where I was standing. His schoolmates and passers-by were all cheering, screaming and trying to run with the torch bearers when they appeared. I could not run with them so when the crowd disappeared, I went to the nearby cafe to wait for my son's school bag to be delivered by his school's teacher. My son and the other torch bearers went to Marina Bay's floating platform to witness the lighting of the cauldron by MM Lee.

I did this sketch at the cafe called 'tcc' while waiting. I was at second level of POMO, a shopping centre looking at the junction of Selegie Road and Prinsep Street.

2 comments:

  1. I could recognize the place from your sketch -- fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always like this place near the Mr Bean coffee house, the complexity of the scene itself. It is astounding! You exhibited great skill in rendering this complex piece! And it is attractive and appealing!

    ReplyDelete