11 October 2010

101010 sketch

101010_EastCoastRd

101010_photo 101010_roof
Yesterday was 101010 and too bad this sketch was not done at 1010 hour. This is the junction of East Coast Road and Sea Ave. Weather was really hot outside so I did this in the comfort of the air conditioned car. The road was narrow and traffic was heavy. I also did it with my sun glasses on as I could not stand the outdoor glare.

The shophouses along this stretch of road are still very attractive although some shophouses have been renovated with big signs on the facade covering the beautiful second storey french windows. Some roofs are also not properly done with just a layer of bitumen felt roofing laid with timber battens over to weigh it down. The church in this sketch is Church of the Holy Family.

8 comments:

  1. Your sketch really brings out the charm of these shophouses!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful Tia, as usual :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The more I see this sketch the more i love it... sorry we couldn't join you that morning... I would love to during any other days but that day was our anniversary and we wanted to spend a simple day together.

    Thanks for the call too. We could do it again!! Breakfast sketch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great drawing! those lines just flow like river & formed these beautiful shophouses, the church behind added a little mysterious to the whole drawing, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks all. No Don, this was done on Sunday not Saturday. Sunday after my music practice on my way home. No worries. Saturday I was with my younger son all day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply incredible take. The shadows, the colours, the entire feel.

    ReplyDelete