11 October 2010

Old Supreme Court Facade


Had a chance to be around City Hall area yesterday, and happened to bring along my a4 sketchbook so I sneaked time to went to the front of the old Supreme court building and sketch it. Took me around 30 minutes to draw this one since I wanted to capture more details of the structure. I resisted to put a grey wash on it since I thought with all the inked details, it is better that way-- just plain ink on paper, and a dab of warm and cool copic on the shadows. (click on image to view the large file)

6 comments:

  1. Awesome sketch! Your lines are very good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super sketch!! You are a classic sketcher!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for all the kind words, guys...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the line work in this one. The sense of splendour, the use of lines, negative space and also no overdrawing. Extremely admirable work.

    ReplyDelete