09 January 2011

Result of the special Sketchwalk at Queenstown

110108_queenstown_blk40A

I have always wanted to sketch my old homes or places that down my memory lane before they were demolished and gone forever. Some of them were here and here. We went to Margaret Drive to sketch because the hawker centre will be demolished to make way for new housing flats by end of Jan. Block 38 with its parabolic roof will be retained but the food centre or block 40A (sketch above), the cinema block and the rest of the old tall flats will be demolished.

Block 38 with its parabolic roof used to be a wet market in the 60s and 70s. You can see the sketch here.

2 comments:

  1. I love this sketch!

    I have several drawings from Singapore (http://www.flickr.com/photos/bonilauri/) and I'd like to contribure to this blog, if possible.

    Cheers,

    Enrico

    ReplyDelete