11 October 2011

Sketching & Plein air @ Boat Quay

I've been busy with work for the past few days and intended to rest at home last Sunday until I saw Paul Wang's post on facebook that he's going to sketch at Boat Quay.

So, instead of resting, I packed my bag and arrived about half an hour earlier at the meeting point and did an ink and wash sketch of the Raffles Place MRT station.  Soon after, a few more sketchers arrived and sketched along the area too.  Thereafter, we headed to the back alley of Boat Quay and I chose to do a small watercolour en plein air, amidst shouts and cheers from many fans watching the live screening of Rugby World Cup from the pubs nearby.

I also learnt something new today as I forgot to bring any pencils, so I painted with watercolours straight onto the paper for the plein air piece.  I realised that without pencil lines, I can paint with more freedom and loose!

Here're the results... both done on Arches Rough 10" x 7".

         

Thanks for looking! I reckon it's a Sunday afternoon well-spent (instead of napping at home), don't you think so?

No comments:

Post a Comment