14 October 2011

Three metro stops apart

Singapore Little India
Last week I visited Singapore on a business trip. I am René Fijten, an architect from the Netherlands, and am involved in a project on Jurong Island.
I loved Singapore, such a beautiful, well kept city - for what I saw.
Unfortunately it was a very short trip, from Tuesday morning to Thursday evening, and filled with meetings and site visits. But I still found the time to make a few sketches. They were drawn on location, but due to lack of time painted in my hotel room or on the plane back home.
Above a night scene at a corner on Dunlop street (I think), somewhere in Little India. Very colourfull and full of lights, they were preparing for the Deepavali festivities.
And below a scene of the Marina bay building. Of course the drawing does not come close to the fantastic reality with all these bright shining lights across the water. I was totally stunned by the view!
Hard to imagine that these two scenes were only a few metro stops apart!



Singapore

4 comments:

  1. Rene, welcome to Singapore! these sketches are just great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THanks Tia for giving me the opportunity to join this USK site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are really great sketches, Rene! Cool stuff!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, but I see so many wonderful drawings here, hard to keep up.

    ReplyDelete